Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Uncontrollable :

today i’ve run - i’ve run so far
to be anywhere but where you are
its been awhile, years in fact, but,
you’ve make me fall
far and hard
leaving me helpless, broken and apart
but i will run away from where ever you are
for just today i’ve felt you stare
again and again, creeping me,
freaking me,
till my heart starts beating fast,
faster still
leaving me paralyzed
numb and distracted
with shocks and horror running down my spine
staring, glaring – almost unbarring
that’s why you make me run - I’ve never ran so far
as long as i’m away from you
‘cause that’s where its the safest to be
not  how i wanted it
but, choices i had to make
for wrongs i have done
only me to rectify
leaving myself to satisfy
so i will run
faster and faster still
i’ll run away from you
away from the one i cant bare to face
so that your stare won’t drag me in
or pull me closer
to your unforgiving mind
eating me whole
shrinking away my soul
so i will run far far away
to a place where i can control
this uncontrollable
- H. De Villiers - 

No comments: