Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dearest boy :


Recently I have become the proud godmother of my eldest sisters first child.

This is also the first baby in our family, so I am quite new with the babysitting thing.

This little boy have crept in my heart so deeply that it hurts to much to try and explain. I can not imagine my life without him. My pappa (the proudest grandfather that I know) will travel 30min longer to work just to see his happy smile. He calls him “oupa kind” (granddaddies child). He want to make sure that the first thing out of his mouth is not Mum or Dad, no, it should be GRANDPAPPA!

Dirk is not only his name, but my fathers name as well –

therefore the “Oupa kind” name....

With the arrival of this little one (which was the biggest baby that I have ever seen) came a lot of reality. It made me think of how this world is not made for the “nakedness” that comes from being so little and defenseless.

We can’t give him milk before the bottle is sterilized ext.

Our internal defense meganisme need to get “used” to all the crap in the world before we will be able to digest or survive it.... how true.....

Why is it that there’s so many wickedness in this world and our system can’t resolve it with out adaptation? Non of us where born with a build in anti virus. All of us need to adapt to one thing or another some time in our lives. Some of us have the protection that’s needed (wealth...maybe for some, for others like my.... faith...) and some of us need to build stronger defense meganismes before we can be granted as the same in society.

Oh and there I go again... what was I saying...

So, this poem I wrote for my Dirk boy. I tried to make it as light as possible because I think that if I start to spell out the world for him, he will not like it at all.

I hope that you enjoy this as much as I enjoy looking into my baby’s eyes – kissing him so much until he’s pink all over his face.

Love,

H




Dearest boy :


My sweet baby boy

How wonderful to know your name

You come to us like sun in the rain

Filling all of us with joy

Happiness that you shine

the divine pleasure being all mine


Peacefully

As you lay there in your sleep

Soft and sweet

protected by your mothers warmth

covert in a blanket of love and prosperity


The world will try and take your soul

Keep your faith in our God

And you will love forever more


Let our God protect your soul

from all the wickedness in this world


Your heart will question undeniably

all that was build and left to be

not that is mine but your legacy


Keep on laughing every day

Singing and dancing in the suns ray


Little happy boy of mine

Let the world not destroy your mind

Happiness lay in your heart

Don’t stop smiling come what may


Your smile - our firely delight

creeping in our hearts without sight


Skip and hop in the paddles of rain

Play till the end of this day


My wish to you my little boy

Is to find the best in life

And make it yours forever more


Do not forget us little boy

We will always be here


Whatever come

Whatever may


Forever you will remain

mesmerized in our minds


We will always be

Your family

- H. De Villiers -

No comments: