Wednesday, June 10, 2009

One Last Kiss :

When the night turns cold and all that is left behind is me and my mind

Then I wonder why it all had to end with such deep pain inside

I can still feel your hands on my shoulders as you kiss me goodbye for one last time

Your cheek touching mine as you pull me close and hug me so warm inside

That one last word burning my inside



Then I sit and think about the pain that follows

About how you left me so cold and without any sorrow

How you made me realise that for us there is no tomorrow

Behind this laughter and happiness I show

Is this pain you left me the day before tomorrow

Now my heart turned cold and with no sorrow

I am now danger to the man that will follow….



Say no more goodbye say no more one last time
- H. De Villiers -

2 comments:

William H. Balzac said...

This poem settles just right.
It is a thoughtful, simplicity, of line...The emotions, a refrain, lingering.

Cheers, to you.

`x~William.

Hester said...

I wrote this poem after a tragic end to relationship I had about 4 years ago. It ripped me apart. I hidden the feeling for so long.
I now that there are a lot of my friends and other fellow heart breakers that feel the same as I. Although I think that the feelings are much deeper and more painful then what I can describe in these words, I think that this is the best way to describe that witch others could see and can relate to.

By the way, this relationship was doomed from the beginning. Even though the break-up was hard to deal with, it was for the best in the end.

I am glad that you enjoyed it.