Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Goodbye – for now :

Today I am leaving for a new job with better opportunities. But even if the new beginning are so rewarding, I have to leave behind things that I was used to and people that I love. I have written this poem because I love my friend so much. I will miss her company every day but most of all - I will miss her just being there for me - EVERYDAY. Even if both of us had a bad day.

I will miss you!

Goodbye - for now :

Every thing has to end
Even the rainbow
With a pot gold

The sun need to stop shining
To give us the beautiful sky

The sea has to come to shore
So that we can play and swim

Ice-cream with yummy chocolate
All at the end

When we say goodbye we hug and smile
Mmm, what a treat... squeeze

To do it all over again
Tommorrow or the other day

Today I say goodbye
But with a cry

I will be sad for a little while
But it will end - like everything else

Do not cry now
Do not fear

There is a new beginning
Outa there

Happy I will leave here
With wisdom - have no fear

I bid you goodbye
With a hug
And a smile

- H. De Villiers -

No comments: