Friday, June 12, 2009

Gaining Sanity :

they said that i will not make it

they said that i will have to much pain

they said that without you i'm ruined

they are cruel and vain

how could you be so insane?

every day since you are gone

have been the best day for so long

your eyes deceiving

your touch grieving

how could i let you destroy me this way?

my mute reaction

to your painful distraction

my defense to your traction

one day at a time

will i rebuild that what you destroyed

in a word of your poisoned thoughts

pain that was not mine

inflicted on me

unwillingly

do not blame me

for i was hypnotized

by your insanity

how could i be so blinded

by your frozen hearted sincerity

your glaring abstraction

killing me delicately

i will be stronger without your madness

constructing my own loyalty

my sorrowed eyes

because of all your lies

i will be stronger

one day at a time

my heart distracted

by worldly hatred

softly building fearlessness

to fill this hollow

you left me with

slowly defrosting

my frozen mind

filling me with icy warmth

shadows of darkness

fading still

sadness turning in gladness

i will be happy still
- H. De Villiers -

No comments: